KNOW THEIR TRAPS. GET THE FACTS.
We understand that the company has been briefing managers on how to give opinions about the union to employees and District Managers visit stores with misinformation about strikes, dues, and the union. Here’s the reality:
- In 98% of CWA’s contracts, the union negotiates successfully without a strike.
- In CWA, the members only go out on strike during contract negotiations if a majority of these workers vote to strike.
…ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS
- Employees covered under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) have the legal right to form a union in their workplace. The NLRA States:
- Section 7: “Employees shall have the right to self-organization, to form, join, or assist labor organizations to bargain collectively through representation of their own choosing, and to engage in other concerted activities for the purpose of collective bargaining…”
- Section 8: “It shall be an unfair labor practice for an employer… to interfere with, restrain, or coerce employees in the exercise of the rights guaranteed in Section 7…”
- View the full text of the NLRA at www.nlrb.gov.
IT IS ILLEGAL FOR THE EMPLOYER TO:
- Make promises, bribe, or favor employees to convince them not to form a union;
- Ask you what your opinion about the union is;
- Threaten to fire or fire you for supporting the union;
- Harass, discipline, transfer you to another Verizon retail store, call center, or other worksite for supporting the union.